Saturday, May 7, 2011

Leaning On God

"Be still and know that I am. God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

God wants us to trust Him in all things. We are experiencing dark days and as Christians, we must hold tight to our faith. We must be unyielding to the things the world may be promoting. But, we must be ever-yielding to the Lord.

"As for God, his way is perfect."Psalm 18:30

God's ways are perfect. We, as Christians are constantly striving to perfect our faith and our growth in our relationship with God. We should strive daily to know Him more and to walk in His will.

Things happen in life that we may not like, want or agree with. But God's way is perfect.

This world is growing ever more evil. Our faith is being tested The Lord promised to give us peace if our
If our minds are "stayed" on Him-if we trust Him.

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusted in thee" Isaiah 26:3

The verse, "...What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.? Psalm 56:3 has become one particularly remembered every day. The storms in life; whether weather-related or otherwise are times to trust in God.

In these last days, many Christians are being tested and attacked.
Living in an immoral and corrupt world is difficult. We are told "The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon Him in truth." Psalm 145:18

Often we hear the words "All I can do is pray" Our very first action should be a prayer in all circumstances.

"Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: so shall thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he will direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear (respect) the Lord and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel and marrow to thy bones." Proverbs 3:3-8

Why would we have trouble or problems "learning to lean" on Jesus? Our problems stem from the fact we are willing to trust in everything else BUT GOD. Our own solutions are not God's.

When something goes wrong in our lives, our response is either "fight or flight." We don't pour our hearts out to God. It never occurs to us to "Be still and know that I am God."

To do as our Lord has instructed us means we have to crucify old self-we cannot give in to our "instincts" our first "inclinations."

God is our refuge and our strength. If you don't know Him you should meet Him. He is wonderful.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Another great post, thank you. "Be still and know I am God", has been a verse my Aunt has used to guide me many times during trials I was going through. So many of the verses you've used have helped me for years. I don't know what I would have done without God in my life. There's certainly many troubles in this world today and I believe we are living in the last days. Christians are certainly being tested, tried and persecuted more it seems. What troubles me the most are the false teachers who claim to be christians who are leading people astray. Please continue to proclaim God's Word.