Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Seven Things to be Thankful For This Day

As we gather with family and friends to celebrate at Thanksgiving, let us remember how fortunate we Americans are to live in a free nation.

America was founded upon sound conservative principles grounded firmly in human nature and not in radical idealism. Today, we see that these principles, though under attack from the Left, are very much alive. Thanksgiving maintains the tradition of the American Founding and affirms that "while we are committed to upholding religious liberty, we remain one nation under God."

In spite of the current state of our economy and political insubordination from the "left", conservatives and Americans have much to be thankful for:

1. The United States Constitution. The most important and timeless document of our nation's Founding, the U.S. Constitution lays the framework for a government that protects the natural and unalienable rights of every American. The Constitution, the key to our greatness and our liberties, offers an antidote to the Left's radicalism.

2. America's Armed Forces. The brave men and women of the armed forces have dedicated their lives to preserve and protect our liberties and defend the principles that inspired our Constitution.

3. A Conservative America. Recent Gallup polls prove that a majority of Americans; 40 percent identify themselves as conservative, in contrast to liberal or moderate. Conservatives remain a force to be reckoned with. Barack Obama campaigned last year on promises of lower taxes, spending cuts and a stronger national security because he knew what principles appeal to the American people.

4. Conservative Momentum. The Left's big-government plans; ALL of them have ignited a firestorm from conservatives around the country. The Tea Parties, Town Hall meetings and September protests in Washington, should have made it clear to politicians that we remain firmly grounded in founding principles even if they have abandoned them.

5. The Dying Liberal Agenda. While they continue to pose a threat to the nation, radical ideas like socialized medicine, new taxes on energy and handouts to Big Labor have been slowed or stalled in Washington. The Left has so far accomplished nothing, but we should remember that they still hold the reins.

6. Conservative Victories. The landslide victories of gubernatorial candidates Bob McDonnell in Virginia and Chris Christie in New Jersey; states that had been Democrat, show a public demand for conservative solutions. The referendum protecting traditional marriage in Maine is a victory as well.

7. Christians all over the U.S. have realized that our freedom to worship, share and practice our Christianity is under fire. The radical agenda of the promotion of homosexuality, attack on Marriage, using our children as pawns, and other items on the agenda have rallied Christians to the point that we acknowledge our debt to the government; however, our first FIRST priority is to our God and His law. With God leading us, as we are told in Matthew 16, the "gates of hell shall not prevail against it [the church - the Body of Christ - Christians]. Thank God for our salvation through His son, Christ Jesus.

PSALM 27

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is my strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple
5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.
7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, They face, Lord, will I seek.
9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
11 Teach me thy way, O Lord and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me and such as breathe out cruelty.
13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are absolutely right. The Democrats are committing political suicide by continuing to ram through their ill-conceived, debt-ridden, entitlement clogged, liberal agenda.

All patriots should be making plans on which political races they will be volunteering for and contributing to, in order to make sure there is a landslide of real conservative victories in 2010.