Monday, March 16, 2009

New Day, New Hope, New Challenges

Today is a New Day, I Will Make the Best of What Comes My Way...

I wonder if you've ever awakened and rolled over and felt that? I do frequently. I believe that we must be optimistic. Some people naturally are optimistic or are negative. I try to stay away from all negativity. It is really hard these days to do that. EVERYTHING is negative, it seems.

I find myself feeling so sad. I think of how things were for our country the days after the tragic terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. Despite the tragedy, our country came together. We were "together" and there was a feeling that we were working toward a common goal. There wasn't a "happiness" but it was a determination that we all seemed to share. I believe it re-focused all Americans on what was truly important in our lives. Remember the flags, neighbors said hello to one another, and it was a very good time. I was thinking of that the other day when I was feeling so sad. I realized why I was sad, I missed that feeling that we all had shared.

Our country is very fractured right now. I believe there are specific reasons for that. But I believe that we can overcome that and remember that those things that brought us together on 9/12 and the months afterward can happen again if we will just remember that we are Americans. We have to fight to preserve our country. We share the love of America. There are people who came to America because they wanted a chance to give their family what most of us take for granted. Those people never take America for granted. They love the flag and all it stands for.

We must remember what made America great and we must never let anyone tell us that our nation is not that great nation. No matter who that person is, even the President. Our President has been very negative lately and personally, I don't like that. I choose not to listen to that rhetoric. That is all it is....

Each of us contribute to the fabric of this country. We all have our place and our part to play. Never feel like you are not important, we all are important. We all need to stand up for our rights, and and what is important. Let your voice be heard. Together, our voices will be heard....

I know this reads like a flag-waving preamble to a song, but it is true. After giving this thought, I am re-inspired to shut out the negativity and remember those things that are important in my life and do what I must do to remind those in Congress that they work for me and for you.

I hope you will think about these things and if nothing else, you will take from this those memories of those days after 9/11 when we all were together as Americans and remember that it did feel good, even though it was a tragic time. Do something good for your country today and hug your family.


Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
Thomas Jefferson



No comments: